Hello my darlings –
As you all probably know, I love feeding people. And perhaps more than that, I love hosting the sh*t out of my dinners: creating a comfortable space where my friends can meet new people, trying new things, and then give me all the compliments.
And if we’ve talked in the last couple of months, you also probably know that I’m exploring new creative ventures, as opposed to just focusing on this whole litigation associate thing. (And if you don’t know, now you know.)
So I’d now like to present NOTES AND NIBBLES, A POP UP DINNER SERIES!
Twice a month, I’d like to host a pop-up dinner party at my humble abode in Echo Park, complete with a themed five course meal, cocktail and wine pairings, and a playlist to boot for $25-30/person. At some point , I’d like to expand into a bigger, better place, but as I build my recipe repertoire and cooking chops, I’m keeping it small.
I am currently scheduling three dinners (the menus are below):
Saturday, August 27 at 7:30pm – The Hits ($30)
Monday, September 5 at 7:30pm – An Eastern Vegan Extravaganza ($25)
Saturday, September 24 at 7:30pm – An Indian Summer ($30)
Sooo I know you all want to come, but space is limited. Six spots per dinner. I’d like you to reserve a spot, maybe invite someone, come to a dinner – gorge, imbibe and meet someone new!
If you aren’t able to make these dinners, I hope there will be more! Follow me on Instagram, @notes_nibbles, for updates or subscribe to my newsletter. I will also be starting an email newsletter to let you know of future events as well.
HERE ARE SOME QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE:
1. Why are you charging me? Partly because I’ve been feeding you for free for ten years. JK. It’s because I’m working on creating a dining experience with local, organic ingredients and I’d like to cover the costs of the food and perhaps even expand my kitchen gadgetry. I want to cook for you all for the rest of my life, but would also like to avoid bankruptcy.
2. How do I sign up? How do I pay? Email me at email@example.com what date you would like and how many guests you are bringing. I will send you a confirmation if there are spots available with relevant information for the event. Please venmo/paypal/carrier pigeon me the price of the dinner when you receive confirmation of your spot.
3. What is actually included? An opening signature cocktail, an hors d’oeuvre, two opening plates, an entree and dessert. It will also include wine and beer pairings for the dinner.
4. Can you accommodate eating restrictions/allergies? Yes! Please let me know when you reserve your spot if you have any issues. If you are on a strict diet, i.e. Whole 30, veganism, etc., I’d suggest choosing a dinner that most closely matches, so you don’t, like, drive me crazy.
5. Do I have to bring something? Nope. Everything is covered in the cost.
6. What if I can’t make it? Can I cancel? Yes, and I will refund the money unless the cancellation is made within 48 hours of the event.
7. Other questions? Email me! Or text. Or call. Or FB. Or IG. Or carrier pigeon.
Saturday, August 27 at 7:30pm
The Cocktail: Watermelon Mojito
Pita served with a Trio of Mediterranean Dipping Sauces
White Bean Soup with Bacon, Thyme and Curried Brown Butter
Chimichurri Panzanella Salad
Banh Mi Tacos
Lavender Lemon Poundcake
An Eastern Vegan Extravaganza
Monday, September 5 at 7:30pm
The Cocktail: Cucumber Mint Gin and Tonic
Shishito Peppers and Edamame
Sweet and Sour Soup
Cruciferous Sesame Slaw with Avocadoo
Kung Pao Chickpeas over Cauliflower Fried Rice
Caramelized Bananas over Ice Cream
An Indian Summer
Saturday, September 24 at 7:30pm
The Cocktail: The Caballero (A Mezcal Cocktail)
Seasonal Garden Salad and Raita
Saag served with Roti
Goat (or Beef) Curry over Basmati Rice
Handmade Gulab Jamans